Wondering how much you should share on Instagram? These statistics will ease your mind – learn about Instagram audiences, engagement, hashtags, and more. The more you keep a check on your various stats the better you will be able to plan your social media marketing strategy on Instagram.
The photo and video-sharing, social media application developed by Kevin Systrom was launched on Apple’s mobile operating system in October 2010. Instagram is a hugely popular photo-sharing app with over a billion users around the world.
1. The largest Instagram user base is from India – 230.25 million users. The app is second-most popular in the US – with 159.75 million users.
2. 2/3rds of the audience is under the age of 34. Over 60% of users aged below 34.
3. 59% of Instagram users log in once daily, while 38% log in multiple times every day.
4. Brands are using up to 5 stories a day to promote content for over 70% retention rates.
5. 7/10 hashtags on Instagram are brand hashtags.
6. Over 4.2 billion “likes” happen on Instagram daily on various videos, photos, and reels.
7. Instagram is the fifth most visited site/app in the world
8. About 995 photos are uploaded to Instagram every second
9. Instagram influencers on average 10,000 followers can make $88.00 per post.
10. Instagram gets over 2 million advertisers every month.
Brands under 5k followers post 5-6 stories per month Brands with 5-10k followers post 7-8 stories per month Brands with 10-50k followers post 15-16 stories per month Brands with 50-100k followers post 28-29 stories per month. Instagram allows up to 30 hashtags, but the optimal is 11 hashtags for a whopping 79% more engagement.