Globally, digital marketing salaries are among the hottest topics. Highest paid with numbers seeing a rise exponentially.
Since most businesses rely heavily on digital marketing, there is no doubt that it offers the best pay compared to other roles with the same experience.
Especially since the COVID-19 pandemic, digital marketing has become even more critical. Thus, the number of jobs and salaries offered have skyrocketed.
Therefore, if you are looking to join this highly demanding and high-paying career, you are on the right path.
Here we’ll discuss the top highest-paying digital marketing jobs in India with their salary ranges.
Whether you are a beginner or at an intermediate level this article will help you in determining your next move.
Top 10 Highest paying digital marketing jobs in India
Now let’s take a look at the digital marketing jobs below that offer the highest salary package.
- Digital marketing manager
A digital marketing manager is among the most lucrative jobs in the industry.
Digital marketing manager is an expert in various marketing operations like SEO, PPC, SMM, SEM, and Email marketing. The digital marketing manager takes care of the brand’s message,
tone, channels, and various marketing campaigns.
The primary role of a digital marketing manager is to understand the company’s goals and make lead generation as easy and effective as possible.
Here are some activities done by the digital marketing manager regularly:
- Planning, organizing, and evaluating marketing campaigns
- Tracking the performance of all the marketing activities
- Targeting potential areas with SEO
- Managing paid marketing budgets
- Discovering marketing trends and insights
Apart from this digital marketing manager should be good in numbers, well-spoken, presentable, and updated with the latest trends.
According to Payscale in India, the average salary of a digital marketing manager in India is INR 5,48,755 / year.
2. SEO specialist
In digital marketing, SEO will never be outdated.
With the continuous change in algorithms and trends, websites need to be
re-optimized constantly, for which SEO experts are always in demand.
SEO specialists ensure your company to rank on the top of search engines for your target audience.
Roles and responsibilities of SEO specialists:
- Must have a good understanding of algorithms and trends
- Improving user experience and complying with search engine guidelines
- Understanding various important tools like Google Analytics, search
- Good understanding of technical SEO
- SEO specialist’s salary in India
According to payscale, the average salary of an SEO specialist is INR 2,20,000 / year.
Also check out: Benefits of SEO for small businesses
3. Content strategist
A content marketer is a professional who creates content for companies for their target audience.
This is one of the highest-paying marketing jobs in this field as it demands expertise in collaborating with the target audience of the company with its marketing vision.
Now that this digital era of business has lots of information, the content strategist’s responsibility is to serve the customers the exact type of content they’re seeking or will get information from.
Moreover, below are some roles and responsibilities that a company expects from its content strategist:
- In-depth research about the target customers’ persona as well as expected demand.
- Crafting proper strategies for the pillars and sub-pillars of content.
- Creating a content-based calendar and editorial strategies.
- Collaborating with the marketers, writers, and management to implement the action plan
- Re-assuring every detail of the particular project.
Content strategist’s average salary in India:
According to payscale, the average expected scale of a content strategist is INR 6,92,498
4. PPC manager
Many ambitious companies never think twice about performing different marketing strategies starting from influencer marketing to e-campaigns that are quite promising to boost the potential of a company.
PPC (Pay Per Click) campaigns have come up with a lot of potential, ultimately increasing the scope and reach of the advertising industry.
Here are some activities done by the PPC manager regularly:
- To assure a good amount of return on investment of online marketing efforts.
- Formation of paid strategies effectively.
- Wise keyword and target audience selection.
- Monitoring of budget and evaluation bids for better ROI.
- Finding solutions for preventing e-frauds.
According to glassdoor, the average expected scale of a PPC manager is INR 8,54,832
5. Social media marketer
Newspaper in the morning and social media in the hands can not be denied as one of the best sources of marketing for any company. Hence, companies, by not leaving any opportunity, have also started laying efforts and attention on social media.
For those effective functions, they are very much interested in hiring skilled social media managers.
A social media manager is employed to craft effective social media strategies for better engagement on their online portals and campaigns.
A company hires its social media marketer keeping in mind the points discussed below:
- Ability to think creatively and plan engaging content for social media.
- Ability to maintain public relations and reply to all the queries and comments of the audience.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends.
- Effective analysis of performance metrics.
According to Payscale India, the average expected salary for a social media manager in
India is around ₹393,578 per year.
6. Brand marketing expert
Along with promoting the products of the company, it is also inevitable to establish a brand name to acquire credibility and attention from the prevailing market.
Well, brand management may sound fancy but it comes with a lot of responsibilities. As a brand manager, it becomes challenging to maintain or grow the already set benchmarks.
Imagine, a brand like Zara or a channel inviting lower middle-class people to their showroom claiming it to be reasonable for them.
It will not do anything but create a negative impact because of false marketing. So it becomes important to manage the criteria of the brand and perform its marketing likewise.
If you want to be a brand marketing expert, you must make sure to have the following skills:
- Marketing skills to increase outreach to all the social media handles of the company.
- Communication skills for communicating, in fact convincing potential customers.
- Analytical skills for evaluating loopholes in pre-existing marketing of products and fixing them.
- Leadership skills for supervising the staff in implementing the drawn plan.
- Social skills for improving customer experience and relations with the company.
According to Glassdoor, the average brand marketing specialist salary in India can be expected to be INR 10,63,408.
7. Email Marketing analyst
Anytime you open your inbox, you can see a lot of emails from many companies on your phone screen. These emails are the efforts of an email marketing analyst.
Behind all these emails there is a deep analysis, experiment, and creativity for running a successful email campaign.
Being designated to this position entails representing the company through email and in-depth research and analysis of market trends.
Here are some expected roles and responsibilities that an email marketer analyst should fulfill:
- Planning, experimenting, and editing e-mailers for effective marketing of products or online campaigns.
- Collaborating with other team members to get the most creative and suitable idea for the portal.
- Maintain consistency and potential outreach of customers to create better engagement in the market.
- Creating concise and clear presentations for data management and performance in front of the marketing team.
The average expected salary of an email marketing analyst is INR 8,16,741 per annum.
8. Digital project manager
Right from email campaigns to blogs, a big ratio of marketing today is dependent on digital marketing. These marketing units are handled, evaluated, and improvised by the digital project manager.
A digital project manager as a supervisor promises the company to feel assured about the quality of content and potential growth of e-marketing and look after it accordingly.
As a digital marketer, several roles and responsibilities come your way:
- Optimization of content by assuring the quality and accuracy of the content.
- Facilitating decision-making by collaborating with the respective team.
- Creatively crafting e-milers consisting of a pain point and triggering headlines.
- Maintenance of a consistent and engaging content calendar.
The average expected salary of a digital project manager is INR 13,39,765. (data as per glassdoor)
9. E-commerce specialist
The Internet has provided retailers with an ideal platform where they can start their business at minimal cost.
Now when huge numbers of businesses are going online, people have realized the importance of online platforms and websites which makes the demand for e-commerce specialists higher.
An e-commerce expert is responsible for the design and development of an e-commerce marketing strategy to promote products and services on all platforms.
An e-commerce specialist should have a good knowledge of technical skills, teamwork, and the ability to communicate well.
Some of the major roles and responsibilities ecommerce experts play are:
- Optimizing marketing campaigns and generating campaign reports
- Managing social media platforms
- Designing and developing an e-commerce website
- Implementing SEO strategies
The growing market of online business has made this career one of the highest-paying digital marketing careers.
The average salary of an e-commerce specialist is INR 4,40,000 / year. (Source – Glassdoor)
10. Affiliate marketing manager
Affiliate marketing has become the most popular way for businesses to promote their products or services.
As a result, the demand for affiliate marketing managers has increased in India, and is becoming a high-paying digital marketing career.
An affiliate marketing manager is responsible for the following duties:
- Developing affiliate marketing programs
- Recruiting and managing affiliates
- Creating promotional materials
- Collaborating with other teams
- Staying up to date with industry trends
The average salary of an affiliate marketing manager is INR 5,98,933 / per year. (Source – Glassdoor)
Many other factors play an important role in how much you can make as a digital marketer in today’s market.
These factors are:
In every business, experience has a significant impact on how much you should expect from an employer. Years of expertise in this field will only result in a greater digital marketing salary, and so on.
Employers support candidates with additional abilities. More digital abilities correlate to a better digital marketing salary in the digital world.
In today’s era, skills are more important than experience. So make sure to keep upskilling yourself.
Your salary will be greater if you work for a larger firm or company.
However, if you’re just starting, we’d suggest starting with a smaller company. The salary may not be attractive, but your learning track in just one year at a small firm will be much higher.
As we have covered the highest-paying digital marketing jobs as well as the major factors that affect your salary, here are some frequently asked questions:
- Is digital marketing a good career choice?
The average salary of digital marketing professionals is from 3,00,000 to 12,00,000 per annum.
However, as mentioned earlier, your digital marketing salary is determined by your skill set, expertise, and the scale of your organization.
- How many hours do digital marketers work?
On average digital marketers work for 8 hours a day. Some work more than the average hours and some less than that. Digital marketing jobs are highly dynamic and the working hours are dependent on the type of work and the company.
- How much can a freelance digital marketer in India earn?
On average freelance digital marketers make upto INR 5,17,203 per year. The salary of a digital marketing freelancer depends on project size, customer portfolio, job experience, and skill set. As a freelancer, your earnings are directly related to the number of hours you are ready to work per day.
With digital marketing, the sky is the limit.
The digital marketing industry is very lucrative. If you have the necessary abilities and talents, you may make a lot of money in the digital marketing field. With limited supply and great demand, you can always negotiate your price when presenting your offer.
Knowing which job pays the most in digital marketing can help you fine-tune your preparation plan. It is essential to focus on the skill requirements and maintain track of the key recruiters in your desired sector.
The future of digital marketing is extremely bright now and this field is flourishing. Seize this opportunity and land your dream career with skillCamper’s Digital Marketing Course.
So, what are you waiting for? Begin your career in the Digital Marketing field and live your life the way you want!
SkillCamper is a revolutionary skilling platform offered to you by GoSeeko, designed to help you learn future and demanding domains in the digital world. Our Bootcamp-style courses give a thorough learning experience in topics like Digital Marketing, Data Science, and Full Stack Development.