Twitter is an online social networking site where people communicate in short messages or blogs. Twitter as a platform should be part of your digital marketing strategy or company strategy. Almost every company has a Twitter account, but only a few are able to leverage the powerful platform. You should keep visiting Twitter stats regularly to build your marketing strategy.
1. According to the Statista research department, twitter’s worldwide revenue is over 5 billion US dollars this year, increasing from 3.72 billion dollars last year. This is the highest annual revenue growth in previous years for the microblogging platform.
2. Barack Obama is the most followed politician on Twitter with 131 million followers.
3. Justin Bieber is the most followed musician on Twitter with 114 million followers.
4. Katy perry is the most followed woman on Twitter with 108 million followers.
5. Cristiano Ronaldo is the most followed sportsperson on Twitter with 99.9 million followers.
6. Elon Musk is the most followed CEO on Twitter with 91.5 million followers and rightly so. In fact, his regular tweets create the most buzz on Twitter.
7. YouTube is the most popular brand on Twitter with 75 million followers.
8. According to eMarketer, the number of Twitter users will increase by 2% in 2022, then decline somewhat, reaching 1.8 percent in 2023 and 1.6 percent in 2024.
9. According to eMarketer, in 2021, US individuals spent an average of 6 minutes each day on Twitter.
10. According to the Statista research department, in February 2021, it was discovered that 42% of adults in the United States between the ages of 18 and 29 used Twitter. In the United States, this age group had the largest audience for the microblogging site, with 27 percent of 30 to 49-year-olds using it.
Other Twitter stats
1 in 5 US adults use Twitter
In 2020, Twitter had 178 million monetizable daily, active users
Around 48 Million Twitter ‘users’ are thought to be bots
70% of Twitter users are men
The US has the highest number of Twitter users by country
31% of Twitter users earn $75,000 or more per year
42% of Twitter users are on the platform daily.
People on Twitter are 53% more likely to be the first to buy new products.
67% of B2-B businesses use Twitter as a digital marketing tool.
Tweets with video get 10x more engagement.
It took 3 years, 2 months, and 1 day to reach one billion tweets.
The CIA reads up to 5 million tweets every day
Read about the most visited websites on the internet here https://www.skillcamper.com/top-20-most-visited-websites-on-the-internet.html/