Are you a content writer? Does your business have a blog? While quality brings readers to your doorstep, there are multiple factors to ensure they stay. Here are the top 5 blogging statistics you can use to grow your readership
1. Longer posts (3000+ words) have overall better engagement and get the most shares. They have 77.2% more inbound links than short posts.
2. Readers are 21% more likely to click on titles with at least 8 words. How-to titles are a popular choice among bloggers.
3. Blog posts with an emotional impact are 1000x likely to be shared. An emotionally-connected reader is twice as likely to stay as a satisfied reader.
4. Blog posts that have visuals get 94% more views. Types of visual content in blogs are photos, illustrations, charts and graphs, videos, info graphics, etc. Video content is 50x more likely to drive traffic.
5. About 50% of bloggers publish at least twice a week or write “several posts per month.” 11 posts per month: this is the sweet spot for companies that maintain blogs.