Simply being present on social media channels is not enough. Users often unfollow a business that provides poor online customer support. How can you give the best experience to your customers on Twitter? Here are some stats that will help you out:
1. Only 2% of users tag the brand when tweeting about their experience with a brand. Most users do not tag the business. Keep your feelers out for brand mentions in ways other than direct tweets or messages.
2. 3 out of 4 Twitter users expect brands to respond to their queries in messages. Users ideally want a response immediately, within 15 minutes. 1 out of 4 users expects a response within a day.
3. Using hashtags leads to a 50% increase in engagement on Twitter, with 55% more likelihood of being retweeted by your followers.
4. 93% of users who follow a company on Twitter plan to make a purchase. 69% of users are return customers. Social media efforts should focus on both conversion and retention.
5. Converse with your audience on Twitter Spaces. Share company announcements and product updates, and conduct discussions on industry topics on Twitter Spaces. A 10% increase in conversations can lead to a 3% growth in leads. So get on board!