Do you know the saying, “every minute counts?” Well, when it comes to the internet, it couldn’t be more true! This article outlines the concept of an internet minute and what it means for the digital world & marketing.
What is an internet minute?
An internet minute in the digital world is a glimpse of all the activity that takes place on the internet worldwide within the span of one minute. One minute may not seem like a long time to you. However, think of the number of people all across the globe who may be using the internet at any given time. The numbers are staggering!
Here is a glimpse of some things that go on in one internet minute in 2022:
● 4.6 million Whatapp messages are sent.
● 3.8 million Google searches take place.
● 1 million people log in to their Facebook.
● 690k hours of Netflix content is viewed.
● 87k new tweets are posted on Twitter.
● 44k new photos go onto Instagram.
● 380 new websites are created.
All this and more – in one minute, or rather, every minute. Now, do you believe that each minute counts?
What does this mean for digital marketing?
The global activity in an internet minute shows us that the digital world is a very rapidly-transforming space. There are new opportunities continuously cropping up at every corner, be it new technology, trends, or communication channels. It is flexible and affordable yet competitive. Here are some lessons to bear in mind to make a lasting impression in the digital marketing world:
● Be open to experimentation. The good thing about the speed of the digital world is that there is a chance to experiment with content. Try different things, and learn from your trials. Test your ideas before rolling out more extensive campaigns. These ideas may range from diversifying formats, styles, channels, etc.
● Target different platforms and time zones, and analyze engagement. Again, to ensure that your target audience is engaged at the right time across platforms, send out your feelers and analyze your audience. Figure out when they are most engaged. Likewise, check when you can create the most significant impact, and plan your editorial calendar accordingly.
● Learn to move on quickly from old habits. It is important not to get stuck in a rut when the rest of the world is forging ahead. On the internet, things get old very quickly. A content team should be on its toes. Move to the new platform, and follow the latest hashtag. Even if you love your routines, learn to let go of them. The digital world is fast and non stop.
● Create experiences, not just fleeting glimpses. Bombarded by throwaway content on every side, customers too crave that lasting connection. Plan content that survives beyond that first minute. Build a story week to week, invite user-generated content, engage with the audience on social media.
● When it comes to problems, catch the bull by the horns. Face issues head-on. A small problem can quickly spiral into a bigger concern in digital marketing. It takes no time for content to be shared or re-posted, or even for it to go viral! It is best to tackle difficulties right then instead of waiting to see how they play out.
Explore about digital marketing skills you may need here https://www.skillcamper.com/become-an-excellent-digital-marketing-professional.html/